This is the land of the Disney, the Legoland, and the Universal Studios. This has to be the place straight out of your dreams! Kissimmee is located at the Central Florida Kissimmee near Orlando, 70 miles apart from the east of Tampa. Kissimmee is an exciting location from where you can easily visit Disney, Legoland, Discovery Cove, Sea World, Universal Orlando Studios and many other attractions. Swim with dolphins and snorkeling at Discovery Cove. We went to the beautiful riverside where we did hiking, fishing and boat riding. There are a lot of human-made beaches in the occasional lake area and water parks. The weather is quite impressive. We took an airboat tour at ‘Skip the roller coaster.’ For someone who wishes to take person-month rides, ride the truck at skip the boat. We found it crowded, but then as Disney is nearby, Kissimmee stays crowded throughout the year.
- Apart from family-oriented theme parks, there are lush landscapes for outdoor fun too. Also, there is a bevy of attractions for camping, biking, and horseback riding. We did horseback riding at Lazy H Ranch. Ichetucknee Springs is perfect for water adventure. There is at a petting farm named green meadows. Lake Desoto is a historic downtown lake popular with not only tourist but also locals too.
- The malls have decent products from various brands. Prominent places to shop are The Florida Mall, The Mall at Millenia, premium outlets, and designer shops. We loved shopping gifts for our loved ones at Eli’s orange shop and the loop and the loop.
- The dine-in options are fantastic and would surely tempt your appetite. If you are a waffle lover, do visit Waffle house. We loved the food at Denny’s and El Cilantrillo restaurant.
- The cultural tours at Kissimmee are worth it. Also, the museum of military history is a must visit. Then there is an unusual monument at the lakeside front, the memorial of the states.
- Lastly, chocolate lovers for you, have a guided tour of the chocolate kingdom.